Nurses And Medication Aide Programs
NURSES AIDE, MEDICATION AIDE, CPR TRAINING AND FIRST AID TRAINING
The Nurses Aide Program combines classroom preparation with hands-on experience. The curriculum is designed to help the students pass THREE certification tests. The course is one month long, and classes are held five days a week, Monday through Friday. Supervised clinical experience in nursing homes.
The Medication Aide Program is 3 weeks long (68 hours), and is held Mondays through Thursdays.
Clinical experience includes practice at local nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Students are responsible for transportation to and from clinical site.
The cost for the Nurses Aide Program is $1,200.00. The Medication Aide Program is $800.00 and the CPR course is $65.00.
Tuition includes textbooks.
The graduate of the Nurses Aide Education Program of Classic Nurses Academy should be able to:
- Provide direct care and /or assistance to the elderly or disable persons in the long term care facility, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, respecting the rights and dignity of the resident as an individual.
- Utilize the holistic concept in caring for the resident by recognizing the social, emotional, and spiritual as well as the physical needs of the resident.
- Apply basic skills in observation, communication and certain nursing techniques that will provide a safe, clean and therapeutic environment for all residents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the role of the Nurses Aid’s relationship to the resident and the reflection of the individual and facility to the community by consistent ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate an understanding of restorative nursing principles by applying the skills needed to promote the independence of the resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Function in other long term care facilities providing nursing care and supportive service to the elderly and disabled.
- Teach resident in self-care according to client's ability and as directed by supervisor.
- Take both the written and skills NNAAP exams, and if successful become certified in Virginia.
Click Here For Class Schedule.
Applicants must call the office to schedule placement test and registration.
Our working hours is 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Visit Our School in Alexandria, Virginia at 85 South Bragg Street, Suite #103, Alexandria, Virginia 22312.